The government of Canada supports the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival
GATINEAUQC, August 25, 2022 /CNW Telbec/ – This year, the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival offers a variety of shows and festive events that will delight the public and make the region shine even more.
Today, Steven MacKinnondeputy (Gatineau), on behalf of the Minister of Canadian Heritage, Pablo Rodriguezannouncement $99,800 in financing for the 35e edition of the Festival. The funding, from the Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage program, will help support this event which showcases regional heritage and gives local artisans and artists a great opportunity to connect with the public.
On behalf of the Honorable Pascale St-Onge, Minister of Sports and Minister responsible for the Economic Development Agency of Canada for the regions of Quebec (DEC), Mr. MacKinnon also announced $590,000 in financial support from CED. The Tourism Assistance Fund provided $500,000 in additional funding, and the Quebec Economic Development Program provided $90,000 for event marketing. These non-refundable contributions will allow the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival to adapt its services in order to offer tourists a more modern and ecological experience. They will also help promote the festival beyond Quebec.
“The Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival has been in full swing for 35 years and is now an unmissable event in the Outaouais. With its rich and diverse artistic and cultural programming, the Festival is also a great opportunity to give free rein to the talents of our local artists. Congratulations to the festival team for this colorful event that will delight people of all ages. Happy festival!
—The Honorable Pablo Rodriguez, Minister of Canadian Heritage and Quebec Lieutenant
“Festivals help stimulate creativity and bring real economic benefits to Quebec and throughout the country. Our government continues to support festivals in improving their tourism offering. I applaud the work of all the artisans behind the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival, a true celebration of our cultural vitality and the opportunity to experience beautiful moments together. »
—The Honorable Pascale St-Onge, Minister of Sports and Minister responsible for the Economic Development Agency of Canada for the regions of Quebec
“True to its reputation, the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival is recognized for its engaging artistic programming, its contribution to Quebec culture and the many original activities it offers. The government of Canada is proud to offer additional support this year. In addition to offering performances by recognized artists, the Festival also highlights a multitude of local talents. The region can be proud to host such a festive and unifying event. Thank you to the organizers and all the volunteers!”
—Steven MacKinnon, MP (Gatineau)
“It is a pleasure for us to offer several local and emerging artists the opportunity to perform at the Festival. Thanks to funding from Canadian Heritage, we can welcome them to our stage and introduce festival-goers to their marvelous talent. We are deeply honored to receive support from CED to enrich our offer to festival-goers. »
—Sandra CloutierGeneral Manager, Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival
- The 35th edition of the Gatineau Hot Air Balloon Festival will take place from September 1 to 5, 2022at La Baie Park in Gatineau.
- The 2022 Festival program offers more than a hundred activities and shows. 80 artists and nearly 700 volunteers will contribute to the event.
- The Musical Matinees are back for the festival this year. Laurence Jalbert and Matt Holubowski will play at dawn, at 6:45 am
- Through the Building Communities Through Arts and Heritage program, local artists and artisans, heritage performers and scholars have more opportunities to engage with their communities through various festivals, events and projects. This program also helps local groups celebrate the history and heritage of their area.
- The funding was provided under the Tourism Relief Fund, created specifically to help businesses and organizations in the tourism sector offer innovative products and services to visitors and prepare to reopen to international travellers.
- The Quebec Economic Development Program aims to help communities seize promising opportunities for economic development and diversification.
SOURCE Canadian Heritage
For further information: For further information (media only), please contact: Laura Scaffidi, Press Secretary, Office of the Minister of Canadian Heritage, [email protected]; Media Relations, Canadian Heritage, 819-994-9101, 1-866-569-6155, [email protected]; Media Relations, Canada Economic Development for Quebec Regions, 514 283-7443, [email protected]