Get your picnic blankets and chairs ready because the sky above Plant City will be filled with huge, colorful hot air balloons next weekend.
The Plant City Balloon Festival returns October 21-22 to the Strawberry Festival grounds and includes the Night Glow & Laser Show, hot air balloon rides (attached), live music, kids’ zone and more.
Doors open at 5 p.m. every night and the festival is open until 10:30 p.m. Advance adult tickets are $22 and children’s tickets are $10 – both with a fee. Tickets at the door are $30 for adults and $15 for children.
Two-day passes are also available ($38 for adults and $16 for children). Tethered hot air balloon rides cost $25 per person.
Here’s what a festival ticket includes:
- Night Glow & Laser Show: All the balloons will light up in unison for a dancing light show with background music. The show takes place twice each night of the festival (8 p.m. and 10 p.m.)
- Market with local vendors
- Traveling performers like magicians and jugglers
- Free parking
Additional purchases include:
- Food vendors serving festival-style offerings
- A Kids Zone with rides and games
- Captive hot air balloon rides ($25 per person)
Bringing blankets, chairs, and umbrellas is recommended, but no coolers or outside food or drink will be allowed. The organizers will inflate the hot air balloons when the winds are slow enough to be safe.
It is not recommended to bring pets as the noise of the balloons may disturb them. Service animals are of course allowed.
Proceeds from the festival will be donated to Special Olympics.